2017 is a future year starting on a Sunday, the 2017th year of the After Death (AD), the 17th year of the 3rd millennium, the 17th year of the 21st century, and the 8th year of the 2010s decade. This year comes after 2016 and before 2018.
2017 is a point in time in Best Friends Whenever. It was first shown in A Time to Travel. It is one year into the future from the present (2016), but it was two years later when they went there in 2015.
Differences from the Present
- Shelby, Cyd, Naldo, Barry, Marci, Cameron, The Rob and other students in Shelby's grade level are now juniors instead of freshmen.
- Shelby and Cyd haven't spoken to each other since Cyd accidentally asked Cameron to the dance.
- Shelby and Cyd's appearances have changed slightly (for example, Shelby now has bangs and Naldo's fashion has evolved, and is slightly more stylish.)
- There is a new type of roller skate.
- Shelby is now best friends with Marci.
- Cyd has moved out of Shelby's house to live with another friend.
- The mustache club is still running (the poster says 3rd annual meeting).
Similarities to the Present
- In 2016, the West Portland Salmon sign was added in the school but it wasn't there in 2017.
- Barry's lab is not the garage in 2017 even though it was constructed in 2016.
|Best Friends Whenever points in time|
|1522 • 1958 • 1978 • 1991 • 2006 • 2008 • 2009 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018|
|February 14th 2015|